Bali Island 6D/5N Day 1 & 2 (Part 1/2): Arriving Bali Island & Checking Sandat Mat Cottage + Waves, Beaches and Sunshine!
We took night flight as usual as I love to have sufficient rest the night before I start my wholesome travelling day. Thanks to Air Asia for the 10cent fair promo, my effort to book ticket at 4a.m worth it as it’s just RM300 including airport tax and 15KG luggage.
The road heading to the Cottage were narrow and it’s going up and down the hill. I specifically choose this Cottage due to is location; on high cliff few metres away from the beach!
Reach Sandat Mat Cottage around 10pm, greeted with friend staff and after checking in, we were given key to our cottage.
We pass by the beautiful pool and we were amazed. It’s only USD 34.00 (~RM 105++) with such beautiful surrounding, what a bargain! Do note that hotel prices are slightly higher at Nusa Dua/ Padang Padang Beach due to the beautiful cliff view.
Hotel surrounding unexpectedly good especially the pool and the cosy garden beside the cafe.
However the room were really basic. Simple bed, wardrobe and there is no mirror inside the room. The only mirror was located inside the bathroom. No aircond but there is fan. Trust me fan cool enough for cliff area.
To my surprise the bathroom is open air!!! WTFFF…
But still the amenities is basic but they decorated the bathroom nicely. However there is no hot water available.
Open air bathrooms kinda scary n bloody hot when sun rise n make up under hot sun is killing me. The only mirror is in the toilet. Can you imagine doing make up or s your hair under the hot sun in the morning?Heck I gave up and use my own small mirror!
We woke up like 8am in the morning. I of course went for a dip in the pool.
There is also some stool for your to chill in the pool with drinks!
Okay time for breakfast. The portion were small. You can order from few choices like toast, pancakes or jaffle. Juices is available too!
Choose between pool area or garden area to enjoy your breakfast. I love the sound of the flowing water so pool is a better option!
Sandat Mat Cottage
- Distance : 40 minutes from Denpasar, Bali International Airport
- Nearby Attraction : Uluwatu, Padang Padang Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Stay here for their soothing surrounding and beautiful design of the pool area, yummy fruit juice, strategic location.
- Address : Jalan Pantai Suluban, Uluwatu, Bali Indonesia.
- Contact No : +628155824874
- Price per night : USD 34++ (normal rate). Non air conditioned, standard fan, bed and breakfast.
It time to walk down to Blue Point Beach, a very famous spot for surfing.
Turn right from the cottages and walk along the road. Then walk down the steps and you will see lots of souvenir shops along the road side. Explore around and you will find a way to the peak point of Blue Point Beach.
The beach are not as crowded compared to those in Kuta or Sanur. Blue point beach used to called Pantai Suluban. A famous villa, Bluepoint Villa located near the beach and so Suluban is name after the Bluepoint villa.
There are some spots along the path where we begin to see breathtaking views.
The waves is kinda huge here. Good for surfing.
On the left, there is another stair going up to the peak!
Superb view on the first level.
Continue to walk up the stairs again. A few cafe is available where you can have plenty of time to hang around and have drinks. From this spot, the view is stunning.
High cliff surrounding the beach creates a stunning view from any angles. I love the blue tones created by the sky and waves….I don’t mind sitting for hours here…
Blue Point Beach
- Distance: 10 minutes walking from Sandat Mat Cottage, 45 minutes driving from Kuta
- Attraction : Surfing, Beautiful cliff view, Enjoy reading with cuppa of coffee facing stunning beach view, photo shooting
- Nearby Attraction: Uluwatu, Padang Padang Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Location: From Entrance of the Sandat Mat Cottages just turn right and walk along the road
We have to get our ass moving to next spot! We walk back to our cottage and check out. Our driver is here to pick us up to Padang Padang Beach.
Padang Padang Beach is a great place for sunbathing as well as surfing.
The white sandy beach with great waves become a favourite surf spot for surfer. This surf point is situated the white stone hill with nature scenery to the Indian Ocean and spectacular sunset at late afternoon that creates the romantic nuance.
This is the right place for you to enjoy the surf adventures during your holidays in the paradise island of Bali. The exotic scenery completes this place as a perfect place to visit in Bali.
For those who don’t surf, you can enjoy sunbathing under the white umbrella and read some books.
Padang Padang Beach
- Distance: 25 minutes from Denpasar Airport or 10 minutes from Jimbaran Beach
- Attraction : Surfing, Sunbathing, Beachwear shopping
- Nearby Attraction: Uluwatu, Blue Point Beach, Nusa Dua Beach, Dreamland Beach & Jimbaran
- Location: Unggasan Village, South Kuta District
The first day in Bali goes really well..too well I would say. Time to catch some food.
So we had Ayam Bertutu for lunch. We had the fried type and add on the satay.
The bill come out around RP 250K
Ayam Bertutu Khas Gilimanuk
- Address JL Bypass Ngurah Rai, No 89 DPS
Well so long for now..stay tune for my part 2 post..It’s all about sunset in the coming post.
would love to visit Bali one day! but it's so commercialized now eh
Constance Ant: this nusa dua area not so commercialized yet but wait for my Nusa Lembongan post, that is really a retreat from hustling city and not much visitor yet!